Officer Positions Available for the
2019 – 2021 CULYP Executive Leadership Team
The National Urban League movement began with talented and passionate young people looking for an opportunity to make a difference. Your opportunity to continue that legacy as well as start your own begins now. CULYP is looking for a very talented pool of young professionals to help in leading this movement.
Opportunities for leadership for the CULYP 2019 – 2021 Executive Leadership Team are now available.
· Applications for Officer Positions will be open Monday June 4th – Friday June 22nd, 2018.
· Applications for Committee Chair Positions will be available in August 2018.
We hope that you consider taking on a leadership role to help CULYP continue to move from success to significance.
To be eligible be to apply for any leadership role within CULYP, any applicant must be a current, paid and active member of CULYP. You must also serve on at least one standing CULYP committee.
CULYP Standing Committees include: Community Service, Civic Engagement, Development, Education, Social & Cultural Events, Marketing, Membership, and Personal & Professional Development.
Process & Timeline
Step One: Complete the leadership application which can be accessed here . All applications must be submitted no later than Friday June 22nd by 11:59pm.
Upon completion of the leadership application, please submit your headshot, resume and a brief bio to email@example.com no later than June 22nd, 2018.
Step Two: Select a day and time to participate in an in person meeting with the screening committee. The available dates and times for an interview will be provided to you upon completion of your application. In-person interviews will take place June 25th – July 9th, 2018.
Step Three: All applicants selected by the screening committee to move forward in the election process will be announced Wednesday July 11th, 2018. A statement of intent from each applicant selected by the screening committee to move forward in the election process will be listed on the CULYP website and each applicant will also have the opportunity to provide a brief speech at the July 26th CULYP General Body meeting.
Step Four: CULYP Members will have the opportunity to vote online from July 26th – August 1st, 2018.
Step Five: New CULYP Officers will be announced Wednesday August 8th, 2018.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a print out copy of the 2018 CULYP Leadership Information on this page CLICK HERE
Officer Positions Descriptions
At all times, five (5) Members shall be officers of the CULYP. The officers of the CULYP consist of the President, the Vice-President, the Secretary, the Treasurer, and the Immediate Past President.
Term of Office
The President shall be elected for a term of two (2) years. All other Officers shall serve for a term of two (2) years. The Immediate Past President shall serve for a term of one (1) year.
The term of two years for elected officers and appointed chairpersons shall take effect in January of 2019 at the completion of the term of the inaugural CULYP executive leadership team.
The President shall call to order and preside at all meetings of the CULYP and all meetings of the Executive Leadership Team at which he/she is present and shall have powers over all aspects of the business, management, and operations of the CULYP. Also, the President shall conclude all CULYP meetings and all meetings of the Executive Leadership Team at which he/she is present. The President shall set the agenda, including invited guest speakers, for all meetings of the Members and Executive Leadership Team. The President shall have a seat on the Board of Directors of the CUL, as designated by the President of the CUL, subject to the approval of the CUL, Board of Directors. In addition, the President shall have the discretionary authority to meet with the President of the CUL.
The President shall be the direct executive representative of the CULYP Board of Directors in the management of the organization and shall have general charge and control of all the CULYP’s general affairs. The President shall be an ex officio member of all standing committees. The President takes full responsibility for the activities of the organization, including long-term strategy and day-to-day operations.
From time to time, necessity dictates that quick decisions must be made. In the case of exigent circumstances, the President may take action without consent of CULYP Executive Leadership Team.
At the request of the President, or in the absence or disability of the President, the Vice President shall perform all the duties and may exercise all the powers of the President. The Vice President also shall monitor, coordinate, and supervise the activities of each Standing and Ad Hoc Committees.
At the request of the President, or in the absence or disability of the President, the Vice President shall perform all the duties and may exercise all the powers of the President. The Vice President also shall aide the President in monitoring, coordinating, and supervising the meetings and activities of each Standing and Ad Hoc Committees.
The Vice President shall also have a special focus on the development/fundraising efforts of the CULYP as well as Membership (Recruitment, Retention & Engagement).
The day to day duties of the Vice President include:
· Participation in monthly meetings (both Officer meetings, Executive Leadership Team meetings, Staff Liaison meetings, and Sunday President & Committee Check-In Calls)
· Participate in monthly NULYP Central Region Vice Presidents Calls.
· Participate in NULYP Council of Presidents Calls in the Presidents Absence (Case by Case Basis)
· Attend CUL Board of Directors meetings in the Presidents Absence (Case by Case Basis)
· Participate in monthly Development Team meetings and have direct oversight of all CULYP Development efforts to ensure we are meeting our fundraising goals.
· Monitor the monthly committee meetings and service numbers in partnership with CULYP Secretary.
· Meet regularly with membership committee to review our membership recruitment, retention and engagement efforts to ensure we are meeting our goals and creating and exceptional membership experience.
· All other duties as designated by CULYP President.
The Secretary shall act as Secretary for all meetings of the CULYP and the Executive Leadership Team at which he/she is present. Additionally, the Secretary shall prepare and maintain proper records. The Secretary shall have supervision over the giving and serving of notices of the CULYP. Furthermore, the Secretary shall have the power to reform the duties incidental to the Office of Secretary. In the absence of the secretary, the treasurer will assume all responsibilities of the secretary.
The day to day duties of the Secretary include:
· Take meeting minutes at all Executive Board Meetings, General Body Meetings and Officer meetings
o Executive Board Meeting take place the 1st Monday of every month, unless otherwise stated by the President.
o Officer Meetings take place the 4th Monday of every month, unless otherwise stated by the President.
o General Body Meetings take place bi-monthly, unless otherwise stated by the President.
· Must send meeting minutes and post to OneDrive no later than 48 hours after meeting.
· Produce, collect and maintain an accurate CULYP Archive, consisting of all meeting minutes, publications, and any other relevant materials.
· Maintain an accurate roster of current CULYP Executive Board Members and General Members; communicate all meetings, events and any chapter updates to membership.
· Keep CULYP meetings and events calendar up to date.
· Work closely with membership chairs to keep the most up to date information on all CULYP members.
· Work with the Staff Liaison to perform other administrative duties required for the effective functioning of the CULYP, including but not limited to:
o Reserving adequate facilities for Executive Board and General Body meetings, events, etc.
o Requesting necessary supplies;
· Management of Executive Board attendance at events and meetings.
· Have all other powers and responsibilities as delegated by the President.
The Treasurer shall be responsible for the funds of the CULYP. Moreover, the Treasurer shall supervise and keep account of all receipts, disbursements, and other business transactions of the CULYP. Also, the Treasurer shall have the power to perform the duties usually incident to the Office of Treasurer. In the event of the absence of the treasurer, the secretary assumes the responsibility of that position.
The day to day duties of the Treasurer include:
· Participation in monthly meetings (both Officer Meetings, Executive Leadership Team meetings & development team meetings).
· Participate in monthly Development Team meetings to participate in the development & fundraising process.
· Monitor the finances for the organization and submit monthly reconciliation reports to the Columbus Urban League finance department.
· Provide monthly finance reports at each Executive Board Meeting.
· Meet regularly with the CULYP President & Vice President to review the organizations financial records.
· All other duties as designated by CULYP President.
For a print out of the 2018 CULYP Leadership information CLICK HERE